Top 7 Ski Resorts in the United StatesJanuary 31, 2014
You could spend your winter hiding indoors, or you could spend it carving through terrific snow, taking in dramatic scenery, and sharing memorable moments with great friends. Embrace winter with a ski trip this year at one of the top 7 resorts in the United States:
1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Jackson Hole has been recognized as Ski Magazine’s #1 Overall Resort for 2014 thanks to recent improvements in infrastructure and grooming. Surrounded by Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, the scenery is spectacular. New non-stop flights are making it easier than ever to ski this hidden gem!
2. Snowbird, Utah. Up to 500 inches of snow per season and relatively dry air make this mountain a temple for powder aficionados. Even with other standout mountains nearby, including Alta and Park City, Snowbird stands out with its unbeatable verticals, cream-of-the-crop lifts, and best all-around terrain.
3. Squaw Valley, California. Five decades after it hosted the Winter Olympics, Squaw Valley remains a world-class resort. Glimpse views of gorgeous Lake Tahoe while skiing deep powder from the top and hit up the top-rated restaurants, bars, and casinos at the bottom of the slopes. It’s a perfect combination of California glam and laid-back Nevada.
4. Alyeska Resort, Alaska. Just 40 miles from the Anchorage, skiing at Alyeska is an unforgettable experience. This resort runs year-round to fill your skiing needs well after other resorts close. It’s remote location also means you get to enjoy great snow with fewer crowds – what more could you want.
5. Taos, New Mexico. Taos is perfect for skiers looking for a new challenge and rugged peaks. Since 2008 the resort has invited snowboarders to join skiers in tackling the tough terrain and spicy après-ski fare. Plus, the nearby town is full of offbeat shops and quirky people, putting a fun twist on your normal ski vacation.
6. Big Sky, Montana. Come to Big Sky Country and enjoy some big-time skiing. Here are the stats: 400” of snow, 5,000 acres of inbound terrain, a 4,000 foot vertical drop, 50 trails, and 22 lifts. You could spend a week here and never do the same line. Don’t forget its proximity to Yellowstone National Park that provides stunning natural scenery and refreshing mountain air.
7. Mt. Baker Ski Area, Washington. Is skiing a glacier or volcano on your bucket list? Want to ski at a mountain that lays claim to the greatest ever snowfall in one ski season: 1,140 inches of snow? What about sampling some excellent backcountry skiing straight off the ski lift? If any of these excite you, head to Mt. Baker and get ready for an awesome adventure!
Don’t let motion sickness stop you from traveling to popular ski destinations. Try all natural Motioneaze. Place one or two drops on the head just behind each of your ears, 10 minutes before travel to prevent symptoms and keep it on hand for those unexpected moments. You can find Motioneaze at Walmart, CVS pharmacies, and other fine retailers. You can also order Motioneaze online now, so you’ll be ready for that long awaited winter sports vacation!Image Courtesy: www.freedigitalimages.net and Evgeni Dinev
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged Motion Sickness Relief, Motioneaze, Ski Vacation. Bookmark the permalink.