Ah, the ocean. We use it for so many things; fishing, boating, traveling, watersports. We might love the sea, but sometimes our bodies don’t.
Seasickness isn’t fun at all, and it usually comes at the most inconvenient time. So here are 10 tips on for avoiding seasickness.
- Don’t drink alcohol excessively the night before your water excursion.
- If you’re staying on a boat overnight, sleep on your back.
- If you’re going on a fishing trip, prepare your equipment on the shore. This limits the amount of time you’re below deck where you can’t see the boat’s movements.
- If you find yourself seasick, pick a point on the horizon and focus on it for a few minutes.
- Don’t read or focus on your camera for too long.
- Stay up on deck as much as possible where you can get more fresh air.
- Coke or Pepsi contain phosphoric acid, which helps reduce your chances of getting seasick.
- Avoid too much sugar. It can make you light headed.
- If the ship is rolling, try and roll with it instead of stiffening up and fighting the motion.
- Add 2 drops of Motioneaze on your head behind each ear for the best results.
Enjoy the water!