Sometimes being on the road most traveled isn’t a bad thing when it comes to American road trips! We compiled some of the most iconic musts to easily looked over routes for the Best 2020 Road Trip Bucket list!
1) Columbia River Science Highway
Unlike other Highways in the USA, Columbia River was designed purely for the scenery. 75 miles of breathtaking scenery starts east of Portland winding its way through mountains and cascading waterfalls.
- Portland Women’s Forum State Scenic Viewpoint.
- Vista House at Crown Point.
- Waterfall Way & Multnomah Falls.
- Bonneville Lock & Dam.
- Cascade Locks Historical Museum.
- Twin Tunnels Trail.
- Rowena Crest and Loops.
2) Route 66
Illinois to California
Steeped in American mythology and pop culture Route 66 will always and forever be on our list. Inspiring scenery and the all-encompassing American experience.
- Grant Park – Chicago, Illinois
- 66 Drive-In – Carthage, Missouri
- Milk Bottle Grocery – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cadillac Ranch – Amarillo, Texas
- Wigwam Village Motel #6 – Holbrook, Arizona
- Santa Monica Pier – Santa Monica, California
Great River Road
Minnesota to Louisiana
No better way to experience the Mississippi than to coast alongside it. Catch some Mark Twain vibes enjoying timeless American Landscapes.
- Fort Snelling – Minnesota
- Nelson Dewy State Park – Minnesota
- Buffalo Bill Museum – Iowa
- Trail of Tears State Park – Missouri
- Delta Blues Museum – Mississippi
- Mud Island Park – Tennessee
Florida to Keywest
Only a 4-hour drive to the Keys and on your way to sipping Mojitos on the beach. You’ll feel like your piloting a hovercraft as you drive the 120-mile stretch.
- Vizcaya Museum & Garden
- Venetian Pool
- Fruit & Spice Park
- Rain Barrel Sculpture Gallery
- Espanola Way Village
Red Rock Scenic Byway
You’ve never seen a sunset till you see a southwest desert sunset behind fiery red rock that is otherworldly.
- Devil’s Bridge
- Sedona Star Gazing
- Bell Rock
- Chapel of the holy cross
- Sedona Winery
- Red Rock State Park
Road to Nowhere Highway 83
North Dakota South Dakota Nebraska Kansas Texas
This road trip cuts through the widest and most aesthetically challenged landscapes in the country. Rolling grasslands of the northern Great Plains, the beefy expanses of western Nebraska and Kansas, and the mesmerizing heat of the Texas-Oklahoma Panhandle—before following the lower Rio Grande south to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Fort Manden
- Sitting Bull Memorial
- Rosebud Reservation
- Chalk Pyramids
- Buffalo Gap